Dear fellow Hanoverians:
This year’s Hanover Four Corners Winter Festival will take place on Friday,
November 30th from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
A variety of family-friendly activities are planned throughout the festival
including: photos with Santa; a scavenger hunt; ornament making for
children; a historical walking tour and performances by local dancers and
carolers! The entire neighborhood will be lit with luminaries and there
will be a fire pit and craft vendors. Below is the evening’s lineup
(schedule subject to change and will be updated as new events are added):
• Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will have luminaries lit throughout the
neighborhood at 5:30 p.m.
• Movie “Frozen” parade at 6:00 p.m. Children welcome to wear
• Movie “The Grinch” screening courtesy of Mr. TV at 6:30 p.m.
• Hanover High School Brass Quintet performs on the steps at St
Andrew’s 6:00 p.m.; at Salmond School 6:30 p.m.
• Abbey Knoll Photography hosting “Pictures with Santa” at Fire
Station #2 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Renovisions hosting a cider donut bar and sing along caroling from 6:00
p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
• Strolling Hanover High School VOX Chorus carolers will host
sing-a-longs after 7:00 p.m.
• Ivy & Olives hosting a wreath decorating demonstration at 7:30 p.m.
• Stephen O’Neill of the Hanover Historical Society leading an
historical walking tour at 7:00 p.m.
• Phoenix lodge tours and free clam chowder
• Fire pits on the grass in the Four Corners parking lot provided by the
Boy Scouts, with s’mores provided by the Girl Scouts.
• Mary Lou’s 50 cent hot chocolate special
• Mom on the Go food truck in front of Mary Lou’s. Wahlburgers and
Sadie Mae’s Cupcake food trucks at Salmond School
• Children’s ornament making craft area to decorate the Four Corners
• School Store open at Salmond School selling Hanover gear
• Park and Rec, Council on Aging, John Curtis Library and HCTV hosting a
photo booth, corn hole games, and crafts at Salmond School.
• Lorraine’s Cakes hosting Gingerbread cookie decorating for children
• Toys for Tots collecting new toys in the ambulance parked on the
• St. Andrew’s Church hosting their annual cookie sale.
• Beer and Wine tent at Fire Station #2
• Vendor booths on Church Street
• Scavenger hunt at Portside Real Estate
• 6:30 p.m.: Dunleavy Boyle Bremer Academy of Irish Dance
• 6:45 p.m.: Shoestrings Dance School
• 7:00 p.m.: Kenny Academy of Irish Dance Show Troupe presents “An
• 7:15 p.m.: The Connolly Academy of Irish Dance
• 7:30 p.m.: South Shore Ballet Theatre presents Dances of the Nutcracker
As has been the case in past years, the square will be closed to traffic
with parking available at Tedeschi’s Plaza and Cardinal Cushing Center.
For more information, contact: Maura at Abbey Knoll Photography,
For “Around Town on the Web”,
“Around Town on the Web” (“ATOTW”) has been a valued push notification
since the spring of 2004 – long before there were push notifications!
For submission guidelines and answers to frequently asked questions about
“ATOTW”, please go to http://www.atotw.com.
To search for archived “ATOTW” news, view the archive
If you would like to be added to this distribution list, click here
Please follow the link in the response e-mail to validate your account. You
will not receive “ATOTW” e-mails until you complete this step.
If you would like to be removed from this distribution list, click here
— powered by phpList, www.phplist.com —